We’re here to tell you that going online with your business shouldn’t take up too much of your time, efforts, or finances. We believe it should be so simple anyone can do it - and oh yeah, totally free!
Internet user statistics small business owners need to know
First, let’s look at some online user statistics. There are currently 4.2 billion internet users, according to Internet World Stats. The total number of websites on the internet is 1.8 billion, states Internet Live Stats, of which less than 200 million are active. Unfortunately, three out of every ten small businesses don’t have a website for their business yet as of 2020.
What do all these stats mean, you may be wondering? First of all, knowing that 70-80% of people research a small business before visiting or making a purchase from them, these three out of ten small businesses are missing out on a lot of traffic. But perhaps more importantly, the stats more than indicate that you need to have a website that potential customers can find to be successful.
Fortunately, you don’t need a lot of things to take your business online. Here are the essentials to get you started:
What do you need to go online?
- Build a website: Your website is the first thing customers see when they visit your company online. Think of it as your online storefront - where you showcase your products, tell the story of your brand, and provide customers with the information they need. Building a website doesn’t have to be hard or expensive; create one for free with Cobiro’s intuitive website builder. No coding required.
- Get a custom domain name: Your domain name is the web address that only your company can have. It tells you apart from the competition and helps establish credibility. If you’re looking for more info on the benefits of a custom domain, this article is an excellent place to start.
- Set up Google My Business: Probably the most prominent business directory out there, Google My Business can help you display the right information, such as location, phone number, and opening hours, at the right time to the right customers. Plus, with a Google listing, you’re more likely to show up in Google searches when customers are looking for products or services like yours.
- Get on social media: There are billions of people active on social media every day. The most popular platforms are Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, or Instagram. The social media platforms you choose should reflect your brand. How old is your average customer? Where do they spend their time online? By answering these questions, you’ll quickly find out where your customers are and, consequently, where your company should also be.
- Start advertising: Once you’ve completed the first four steps, you’re ready to start advertising online. Creating online ad campaigns can help make your brand more visible on the platforms your customers frequently visit. Most people start every inquiry with a search on Google; that’s why we recommend setting up Google Ads.
The bare minimum is better than nothing
Are you still struggling with how to get started? Think of it this way: If you don’t take these five pieces of advice to heart, you’ll lose out on traffic, customers, and sales. What would you like to learn about a business or product when you search for something yourself? That’s what people are looking for when they go to any company page, and that’s what you should include on your website.
Even the bare necessities are enough to help you get seen by more potential customers and help your business grow. Start by making a free website with Cobiro with our intuitive drag-and-drop creator. It only takes a few minutes to get done, we promise. Afterward, secure a free domain. After five or ten minutes, your business is online without a dime spent on your end!
Cobiro helps small businesses succeed online. Go to www.cobiro.com to get more information on how you can take your company to the next level.